Sunday, November 24, 2013

Review *WILD BABIES*

When I was working as a photographer and reporter for newspapers, I prided myself on my ability to take profound pictures of people and events. I tried to transfer that ability to wild life photos. I was not successful. I couldn't make them look serene or cute. Photographer Suzi Eszterhas has no such problem and she's made a good living at it. Her photos have been featured in Time Magazine, National Geographic and Smithsonian Magazine. 

 I felt so honored when she agreed to donate four of her black and white photos to this month's giveaway!
   Even though she has been taking pictures professionally for 12 years, Eszterhas is one of those lucky people who knew from a very young age what it was she wanted to do. 
   "I use to walk around telling my mom, 'I'm going to live in Africa in a tent.' I think everyone thought it was just a phase, but I never grew out of it," she said. 
   And Africa is where her photography adventures have taken her. She spent three years living in a bush camp in the Masai Mara in Kenya. It was there she captured, on her camera, the animals she had so long dreamed of - cheetahs, elephants, lions and giraffes. "It was an amazing experience," said Eszterhas.
   In fact, her favorite photograph is of a lion cub meeting its father for the first time (and that picture is included in the giveaway!). 
   "I was with the pride for months and followed the cubs from just a couple weeks after their birth," she said. "Meeting dad was a moment that I waited for for a very long time and it was magical!"
   Eszterhas has captured many magical moments and is selling them in her Etsy store, Wild Babies. They are all adorable and you can choose between black and white, sepia or color photographs. While they all feature baby animals, they can easily grace the walls of any room in your house - not just the nursery. 
   I picked my three favorites and placed them here. I particularly love the baby gorilla. He's precious! I want to hug him and squeeze him and call him George! That is a darling photo!
   Go and find your favorites!

1 comment: